Toledo Area Humane Society Third Party Events
What is a Third Party Event?
A Third Party Event can be defined as any fundraising initiative brought forward by an individual, community group, service club, or business external to TAHS (the beneficiary) who wish(es) to raise money or collect donations through a planned activity that is designed, managed and financially resourced by the external participants (the host).
To get started, please read and fill out our third party event application. This application provides an in depth look on what to expect when you are hosting a fundraiser to support TAHS. For additional information and Q&A, please refer to the bottom of this page. After filling out the event application, please email the completed form to email@example.com All third party events are planned through the event host independently and must be approved by the Toledo Area Humane Society before the event can be promoted using the TAHS name or logo. Please note that all applications should be submitted at least 30 days before your event or activity for approval. Once the event/activity is reviewed by TAHS staff, Maddy Woolford, Development Associate, will contact you. If the event/activity is approved, we will provide written confirmation of approval. Please note submission of the application does not guarantee approval.
Due to insurance restrictions, TAHS is not able to participate in any therapeutic events with our animals. We also do not consider adoption events to be a third party event. All adoption events are held by the Toledo Area Humane Society or held at our discretion.
Commonly asked Questions:
“Why should I host a Third Party Event to Benefit the Toledo Area Humane Society?”
The Toledo Area Humane Society is funded entirely by local donations. TAHS does not receive funding from any national humane organizations, is not a United Way agency, and receives no government funding. The Toledo Area Humane Society is completely dependent on the generosity of individual and corporate sponsors to fund our programs and services. Every dollar raised allows us to fulfill our mission to lead the community in efforts focused on relieving the suffering of, preventing cruelty to, and providing for humane treatment of animals.
“I want to organize a Third Party Event for TAHS but I’m not sure what to do.”
Listed below are some ideas of the many ways that you can raise funds, collect physical donations, and raise awareness for the Toledo Area Humane Society. This list is by no means exhaustive; let your creativity guide you!
- Collect Monetary and/or physical donations: Collect Monetary donations by holding a jeans day at work. Collect physical donations by sharing the TAHS Wish List, located at www.ToledoHumane.org/tahs-wish-list/, and setting a donation bin inside your school, work place, or at your third party event.
- Host a Fundraiser: Host a movie night, bake sale, car show or car wash and donate a percentage of the proceeds back to TAHS. Be creative and have fun with it!
- Designate the Toledo Area Humane Society as the beneficiary for your event: If your business or organization hosts an annual event that generates funds, consider donating a portion of the proceeds.
“I want to host a Third Party Event, what should I do next?”
Contact Maddy Woolford and submit a third party event application by email or fax:
Fax Number: 419-891-9327
Once you send your third party event application to us and receive approval, you will be all set to start promoting your fundraiser/event!
“What can the Toledo Area Humane Society do to help my Third Party Event?”
There are limits to how we can help with Third Party Events, please refer to the guidelines section of the Third Party Event Form for detailed information. Resources TAHS are able to provide:
- Will add approved 3rd party events to our calendar of events located at www.ToledoHumane.org
- Will promote the 3rd party event on our Facebook page
The event host is responsible for all details of the event including, but not limited to:
- Paying for all related costs to hosting the event
- Printing of all marketing materials
- Creating flyers and materials to publicize the event
“Why does TAHS have to approve my event?”
The Toledo Area Humane Society must approve all third party events in order to ensure that all events align with our mission and vision as an organization. Also, it is important to have all approved third party events on file here at the shelter for staff is able to follow-up with event organizers. Once your event is approved you will then have permission to use our logo and name on all marketing materials.